What is UV?
Ultra Violet radiations emitted by a light source such as SUN
- Harmful effect on human : skin Cancer or sunburns, damage eyes, weaken immune system
- Benefits : Trigger Vitamin D, Treatment of some skin disease such as psoriasis
Why UV Light Bulbs?
- Improves indoor air quality
- Used in Hospitals to sanitize equipment.
- Increased energy savings
- They can prevent asthma and allergies.
UV Light Bulb Testing?
Equipment required :
- Suitable radiometer appropriate for 254 nm UV
- A true Power analyzer
- Test Chamber
- A lab requires 25UV bulb samples for testing.
- Bulbs are marked clearly from 1 to 25.
- Randomly 12 bulbs are selected for testing.
- Before testing, these 12 bulbs are operated for 100 hrs at full power
- The testing is done using a lamp testing chamber as per the protocol
- All the testing is done in care of Experts and data is recorded( Temperature of the test chamber and the distance of radiometer to the lamp centre).
- All the testing is done by calibrated instruments ( calibration valid for 1 year only)
Result of the testing :
- Relevant Lamp testing Data
- Average UVC efficiency