IEC 60204 provides requirements and recommendations relating to the electrical equipment of machines so as to promote
– Safety of persons and property
– Consistency of control response
– Ease of operation and maintenance
SCOPE: - IEC 60204 applies to electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems to machines not portable by hand while working, including a group of machines working together in a co-ordinated manner. This standard can be used to show compliance for CE Marking to the EU Machinery directive 2006/42/EC.
The equipment covered by this part of IEC 60204 commences at the point of connection of the supply to the electrical equipment of the machine.
IEC 60204 is applicable to the electrical equipment or parts of the electrical equipment that operate with nominal supply voltages not exceeding 1000 V for alternating current (AC) and not exceeding 1500 V for direct current (DC) and with nominal supply frequencies not exceeding 200 Hz.
Excluded Product: - This part of IEC 60204 does not cover all the requirements (for example guarding, interlocking, or control) that are needed or required by other standards or regulations in order to protect persons from hazards other than electrical hazards. Each type of machine has unique requirements to be accommodated to provide adequate safety.
This part of IEC 60204 does not specify additional and special requirements that can apply to the electrical equipment of machines that, for example:
– are intended for use in open air (i.e. outside buildings or other protective structures);
– use, process, or produce potentially explosive material (for example paint or sawdust);
– are intended for use in potentially explosive and/or flammable atmospheres;
– have special risks when producing or using certain materials;
– are intended for use in mines;
– are sewing machines, units, and systems (which are covered by IEC 60204-31);
– are hoisting machines (which are covered by IEC 60204-32);
– are semiconductor fabrication equipment
* Power circuits where electrical energy is directly used as a working tool are excluded from this part of IEC 60204
Basic Tests as per IEC 60204-1
– Symbols for actuators of control devices
Why ITC India Pvt. Ltd. for testing of MACHINERY