Safe Working Load Test on Medical Beds As Per IEC 60601-2-52
All the medical beds and bed lifts must be marked with the maximum patient weight and the safe working load of the bed. The safe working load test is performed for patient safety, while serving for support or immobilization of the patient, risk of physical injuries and accidental loosening of fixing shall be minimize.
- Safe Working load for medical bed must be at least 1700 N. The sum of minimum loads considered as below:
- 1350 N, estimated to a mass of 135 kg of the PATIENT
- 200 N, estimated to a mass of 20 kg of the mattress
- 150 N, estimated to a mass of 15 kg of both the attachments and the mass of the load supported by attachments but PATIENT weight is excluded
- The Safe Working Load of Bed lifts must be at least 2200 N. The sum of different loads is as follows:
- 1 350 N, estimated to a mass of 135 kg of the PATIENT.
- 200 N, estimated to a mass of 20 kg for the mattress.
- 150 N, estimated to a mass of 15 kg for both the attachments and
- Mass of the load supported by those attachments but excluding patient weight.
- 500 N, corresponding approximately to a mass of 50 kg for those parts of the MEDICAL BED 655 intended to be lifted by the BED-LIFT.
- For a foot rest, the part of the SAFE WORKING LOAD representing the mass of PATIENTS is dispense more in area of 0.1 m2 or whatever is available.
- The SAFE WORKING LOAD of the LIFTING POLE (included PATIENT handle) must be at least 750 N.